Family: We value the family as the core of the local church and the primary target of ministry.
Bible: We value God’s Word as the only source of truth for faith and practice, and we acknowledge that God’s Word is the foundation for the valuation of human life and the basis of true human flourishing.
Unity: We value unity as the primary factor in healthy relationships and church effectiveness.
Diversity: We value each other’s unique abilities as the means of greater ministry opportunities.
Example: We value the life and example of Christ and strive as individuals to attain to Christ likeness in our daily walk so that we may in turn be an example to others.
Purpose: We value the Christian life that is lived intentionally. We live with a purpose in mind so we plan to succeed.
Others: We value those outside the Christian church so that we strive to reach them with the saving message of Christ.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
What we believe:
1. ABOUT GOD (Theology). God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. Genesis 1:1,26,27; 3:22; Psalm 90:2; Matthew28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:1-14.
2. ABOUT HUMANKIND (Anthropology). We believe that Human Beings are made in the spiritual image of God and are the supreme objects of God’s creation. We believe that God designed Human Beings as male or female, both created to be like Him in character, and in the original state, both free from sin. Although Human Beings currently have tremendous potential for good, we are marred by a spiritual condition of disobedience that separates us from God, a condition called sin— a state that cannot be overcome by our human effort. We believe God established marriage to be a lifelong covenant relationship between one biologically distinct man and one biologically distinct woman. Marriage, so defined, is the only permissible context for intimate sexual expression and is the foundation for human families. Further, we believe that all human life is precious and should be protected at all points of existence: from the beginning point of fertilization, throughout life regardless of capability or cognition, until the human being’s final moment before natural death. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a: Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1, 2; Genesis 1:27, 28; Genesis 2:22-24; Matthew 19:4-8
3. ABOUT ETERNITY Man was created to exist forever. He will either exist eternally separated from God by sin or in union with God through forgiveness and salvation. To be eternally separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are actual places of eternal existence. John 3:16; John 2:25; John 5:11-13; Romans 6:23; Revelation 20:15; Matthew 1:8; Matthew 2:11, 46.
4. ABOUT JESUS CHRIST (Christology). Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all men by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven's glory and will return again to earth to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Matthew 1:22,23; Isaiah 9:6; John 1;1-5, 14:10-311; Hebrews 4:14,15; 1 Corinthians 15:3,-1; Romans 1:3,-1; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Timothy 6: 14,15; Titus 2:13.
5. ABOUT SALVATION (Soteriology). Salvation is a gift from God to man. Man can never make up for his sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness can man be saved from sin's penalty. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8,9; John 1-1:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1.
6. ABOUT ETERNAL SECURITY Because God gives man eternal life through Jesus Christ, the believer is secure in the salvation for eternity. Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. It is the grace and keeping power of God that gives this security. John 10:29; 11 Timothy 1:12; Hebrews 7:25; 10:10,11.
7. ABOUT THE HOLY SPIRIT (Pneumatology). The Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and the Son as God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. The Christian seeks to live under His control daily. 11 Corinthians 3:1; John 16:7-13, 14:16,17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13; Galatians 5:25; Ephesians 5:1.
8. ABOUT THE BIBLE (Bibliology). The Bible is God's word to all men. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is truth without any mixture of error. 11 Timothy 3: 16; 11 Peter 1:20,21; 11 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105,160, 12:6; Proverbs 30:5.9.
9. ABOUT THE SECOND COMING (Eschatology). We believe in the Rapture – the pretribulational, premillennial, imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ “in the air.” This has been the “Blessed Hope” of every born-again believer in the Church Age. At that time He will receive to Himself the resurrected bodies of those who have “died in Christ” and also all those who are presently alive and “in Christ.” I Thessalonians 4:13-18; 5:6-10; I Corinthians15:50-55; Acts 1:11; Titus 2:1. He will then come with His saints seven years thereafter to execute judgment upon the ungodly nations before the inauguration of His earthly millennial reign at His second coming to the earth. Jude 14, 15; Matthew 25:31-46.
10. ABOUT THE CHURCH (Ecclesiology). We believe God has ordained the ministry of local assemblies of believers to accomplish His work in this dispensation extending from Pentecost to the translation of Christ's Body (the Church) at His appearing. The membership of the Church is composed of regenerated, baptized believers. The two ordinances of the local church are believer's baptism by immersion, and the memorial of the Lords Supper until He returns. The church is to be missionary and evangelistic in spreading the Gospel into all the world. It is to strive together for the faith, proclaim and maintain purity of doctrine and practice, and worship and serve the Lord in “spirit and truth.” Acts 2:41-47; 20:17-32; Matthew 28:16-20; Ephesians 4:11-16; I Corinthians 11:23-24.
Family Bible Church is an independent Bible-believing Church in Desert Hot Springs, committed to teaching the truths and principles of the Bible, making disciples, and reaching those who are looking for real meaning and purpose in their lives.
Jesus Christ is our focus. We live to serve Him as Lord and Savior.
Discipleship is a priority. We encourage those who are ready, to participate in one-on-one, formal discipleship training.
Service to families is our ministry goal. We want to serve the entire family by meeting their needs as individuals and as a whole.